Welcome to Try Coding!
To Get Set Up
- Please sign in here: http://bit.ly/3949emq
- Open up codepen.io in a browser (preferably Chrome) and login to your account
- In another tab, open up try.turing.io/frontend-online
- Change Zoom display name to first name, last initial, pronouns; ie - Amy H. (she/her)
What to Expect
Over the course of the day, we will write code, explore the mindsets that successful developers have, and learn a little more about Turing. We will ask you to introduce yourself, ask questions, and occasionally share out answers to the technical work we do! Below is our agenda for the day:
- 12:00 - 12:30 Welcome, Intros, Setup
- 12:30 - 3:40 Instruction (with breaks!)
- 3:40 - 3:55 Break
- 3:55 - 4:15 Turing Info
- 4:15 - 4:50 Student/Alum Panel
- 4:50 - 5:00 Wrap Up, Survey, Questions
- No question is too small. No question is a bad question. Ask them!
- We all benefit from each others ideas! Push yourself to share out and make sure you aren’t sharing so much that others don’t have the space to do so.
Online Session Norms
- Mute yourself unless you’re talking
- In an online setting, someone may talk over each other on accident. If that happens, apologize and determine who will share first, second, etc.
- Keep your camera on during class
- Use features in the Participants Pane to answer yes/no, raise your hand, or give a thumbs up
- You might be sharing your screen with your team at some point during the class – if you have anything open that you don’t want to accidentally share, close or minimize it now
- Type questions the group chat box and a TA will answer you. Avoid direct messages to a TA unless it is a specific issue only to yourself
- Disconnected? Jump back on! If the host or TAs get disconnected, hold tight, and the session will resume shortly